One robbery suspect tried to rob 50 Cent‘s house… but failed. As reported before, the rapper’s 50,000 square feet home experienced an attempted break-in while the rapper wasn’t home. The alleged culprit, Edwin Joyce, tried to enter the home through the generator room, according to TMZ. However, disarming security systems didn’t seem to be Joyce’s strong suit. He set off an alarm, which property manager, David Holloway, responded to.
Follow Boom 94.5 On Twitter: Follow @Boom945DFW
Law enforcement sources say that Holloway peeped into the scene and witnessed Joyce creeping through a garage and making his way across the mansion’s grounds. Eventually, Holloway sprinted to his vehicle and drove to the main road to call 911.
Sources claim Joyce was sporting dark clothes and a dark knit cap when authorities caught him. They found a printout of directions from a nearby hotel to 50 Cent’s place. It appears the robber didn’t think to leave all incriminating evidence at home. SMH.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Joyce was charged in Hartford Superior Court on Wednesday. He’s being held on $125,000 bail.
50 Cent’s Most Lucrative Business Endeavors
1. SMS Audio: This company that primarily sells headphones was founded by 50 Cent in 2011. In the same year, the company acquired Kono Audio. As far as the competition goes, he once said Dr. Dre’s “Beats is Nike. We’re Adidas.”Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Power: 50 Cent is into all sorts of entertainment. Though he obviously stars in the Starz hit series “Power,” did you know he also produced the show? “Power” holds the “most viewers ever for a Starz original series” record.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Vodka: 50 Cent has recently partnered with Effen Vodka. The “ultra-premium” liquor comes in lots of flavors, including Black Cherry, Dutch Raspberry, Cucumber, and Salted Caramel.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. SMS Promotions: 50 Cent started this boxing promotional company after his joint project with Floyd Mayweather, TMT Promotions, failed. Though SMS Promotions reportedly declared bankruptcy this year, it previously promoted boxers such as Andre Dirrell, Chris Galeano, and more.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. SK Energy: Street King is an energy drink created by 50 Cent and his partner Chris Clarke. It boasts a variety of flavors, and was rebranded as “SK Energy” in 2012.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Frigo Underwear: 50 Cent put his insane body on full display in a series of advertisments for the underwear company this year.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. VitaminWater: 50 Cent made $100 million after selling his stake in the privately owned company.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. G-unit: We can’t forget about the clothing company that 50 Cent started in 2003 and relaunched in 2010. 50 maintains full ownership of the clothing line.Source:Getty 8 of 8