Last week news quickly spread of the death of NYC Justice Sheila Abdus-Salaam. In the days since, there have been a host of conspiracy theories as to exactly what happened to her. Now, the NYPD has labeled her drowning “suspicious,” despite it initially being called a suicide.
Follow Boom 94.5 On Twitter:
Her death has had many questioning the circumstances from the start, including the fact her husband reported her missing the day before she was found dead and fully-clothed, washed up on the shore of the Hudson River in New York City.
The Root has the full details of this latest development, including the autopsy results:
The New York Police Department now says that state Justice Sheila Abdus-Salaam’s death is “suspicious” after officials last week told the Associated Press that Abdus-Salaam’s drowning death was being treated as a suicide. The NYPD says there is no indication that Abdus-Salaam committed suicide as was first suggested. The results of an autopsy conducted on Abdus-Salaam last week came back inconclusive.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The NYPD commented on the new findings in the case. “We have a middle-aged woman deceased in the water with all her clothes on with no signs of homicide or suicide. At this point, we can’t say for sure.” New York Police Sgt. Brendan Ryan told ABC News Tuesday evening.
Remembering Greatness: The Celebrity Deaths Of 2016
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Rapper Shawty Lo died in a fiery Atlanta car crash on the morning of Sept. 21.
1 of 14
2. Sportscaster John Saunders passed away suddenly at the age of 61 on Aug. 10. The details surrounding his passing are still unclear.
2 of 14
3. Actor Gene Wilder, best known for his role in ‘Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,’ died on Aug. 29 from Alzheimer’s disease.
3 of 14
4. Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali passed away on June 3 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s.
4 of 14
5. Actor Anton Yelchin, best known for his role as Chekov in ‘Star Wars,’ passed away minutes after a June 19 car accident.
5 of 14
6. Actor Ron Lester died on Aug. 4 of kidney failure. He was best known for his role in ‘Not Another Teen Movie.’
6 of 14
7. ‘The Voice’ star Christina Grimmie was shot dead at 22 years old by a man who opened fire on her while she signed autographs.
7 of 14
8. Legendary singer Prince tragically died from an accidental prescription drug overdose on April 21. He was 57-years-old.
8 of 14
9. WWF wrestler and actress Chyna died from an accidental overdose of Valium and Ambien on April 20. She was 45 years old.
9 of 14
10. ‘Blood, Sweat, & Heels’ reality star Daisy Lewellyn died from a rare form of liver cancer on April 8.
10 of 14
11. Singer Denise Matthews, aka Vanity, died from kidney failure at the age of 57 on Feb. 15. She was Prince’s protegée and ex-girlfriend.
11 of 14
12. Singer Maurice White passed away on Feb. 3 after battling Parkinson’s disease. He was the founder of R&B group Earth, Wind, & Fire.
12 of 14
13. Rock star David Bowie died on Jan. 10 after battling cancer for 18 months. He was 69.
13 of 14
14. A Tribe Called Quest rapper Phife Dawg passed away on March 22 due to complications from diabetes. He was 45 years old.
14 of 14